India is a popular location for hair transplants. It is because India not only has some of the best clinic facilities for hair transplant service, but they can also work at far lesser prices than most North American and European clinics.
Techniques for Hair Transplantation
It is essential to understand the techniques before going for a hair transplant. The following are the three primary hair transplant techniques:
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction): A technique for extracting hair follicles from the scalp. Hair follicles are cut straight from the backside of the head through thousands of tiny and secure punch wounds in this minimally invasive hair transplant service.
- FUT/Strip Harvesting: The FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) treatment, also known as strip harvesting, treats thinning hair. On the other hand, strip harvesting cannot address hair loss caused by medication, stress, or medical treatment.
- Hair Transplantation by Robots: The ARTAS Robotic Technology is a revolutionary and innovative Robotic Hair Transplant system that automates the follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedure and allows for unequaled precision in executing successful Hair Transplants.
Costs of Hair Transplantation in India
In any surgery, a lot of factors might influence the cost of a hair transplant. It is why obtaining accurate pricing for an entire hair transplant process is so challenging.
Below is the chart of the average prices in India.
Factors Affecting Price of Hair Transplant
The following are the primary factors that might affect hair transplant costs:
- The density necessary for transplantation: The average hair transplant yields 35-40 grafts per cm2. Therefore, the number of transplants delivered will determine how bald a patient is when they arrive for surgery.
- The total number of grafts: Depending on which side of the region needs grafts, which may price the procedure on a per-graft basis.
- The physician’s credentials: Hair transplant surgery should be performed by a trained plastic surgeon with several years of expertise in the field. When a doctor is highly regarded and in great demand by many tourists and locals, they may frequently charge a premium fee for their services.
- Type of technique: FUE is a more sophisticated hair transplant process. Therefore, its cost is always higher than FUT. In addition, if the number of grafts required is significant, you may need to combine two types of techniques, which will raise the procedure’s cost.
- Labor Costs: Highly trained and experienced personnel are not cheap. Therefore, the presence of competent personnel is critical to the procedure’s success rate.
Traveling to Mumbai, Delhi, or Ahmedabad can also help you compare prices from local suppliers.
Let’s look at the pricing in the regions.
- Hair transplant cost in Delhi
Delhi is India’s capital and one of its most populous cities, making it one of the most popular locations for hair transplants. An essential hair transplant treatment in this country costs roughly Rs 70,000 ($1000). It will cover the expense of the operation itself and blood testing, hair growth treatment sessions, and the surgeon’s fees.
- Hair transplant cost in Mumbai
Mumbai is one of India’s most populated cities and a popular hair transplant surgery destination. It is also India’s wealthiest city, with the most significant GDP of any city in its southwest or central regions. It can also become one of the most affordable places to have hair transplant surgery, with some clinics giving hair transplants for as little as Rs 40,000 ($600).
- Hair transplant cost in Ahmedabad
To acquire the best hair treatment, you should plan to get the best hair transplant in Ahmedabad. Because this location is recognized for its talented surgeons, it may be simpler to get an appointment here. The average cost of a simple hair transplant cost in Ahmedabad is roughly Rs 45,000 ($650).
Conclusion If you’re considering getting a hair transplant consultation, consider how much less expensive this form of cosmetic surgery may be in India compared to other world areas. By having your surgery performed in India, you may save an average of 70-75 percent on the cost.